Pages

Wednesday 9 April 2014

My I am a seashell


I am a Seashell


L.l.   Literary devices: Simile and Personification
Parts of speech: Adjectives

I am a seashell waiting for
somebody to see
me.
I am shiny andcurled up like a
cinnamon roll.
I’m rough andsandy.
I swim with the sea
and the sea with me.
I am cold inside
so if you touch me
you’ll
shiver and quiver.
I swim around the sea
with
animals living inside of me.
I’m joyful in the sea
with fishes and
sea creatures
surrounding
me.
I like being a shell
because people can
hear the sea inside of me. `
By Melissa, age 7

Read the poem
Which of these things can you do?

Highlight the adjectives blue
Highlight the simile yellow

Complete the sentences:
Personification is… a nature or a human characteristics.

Highlight the example of personification

List 5 things that you saw at the school picnic at the beach
- Sea shell.
- Sand.
- Kayak.
- Broken sticks.
- Birds flying.
Use the list and the model to create your own ‘I am a...’ poem

SC:
All capital letters and full stops used correctly
Write using personification i.e. the object you chose is a person
Must use interesting adjectives (use a thesaurus please)
Have at least one simile
At least 5 verses
No spelling or grammatical mistakes
I am a broken stick.

I am a broken stick lying down on the beach.  

I am straight and brown like a straight pile of wood.  

I float over the sea and the waves move me.  

I am happy with trees and sand surrounding me.  

I am a stick and I feel nothing when kids play with me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.